Friday, February 4, 2011

DC Meets Dali

Now while I primarily prefer to do pencil and paper art or digital art, I do like to dabble in other mediums when I can. The following painting is one such occasion. I worked on this piece a while back, where I decided to combine Salvador Dali's "The Persistence of Memory" (AKA the Melting Clocks Painting) with something a bit more modern. Obviously this concept has been done to death by thousands of artists, but hey, why not join in?

So, I introduce to you "The Persistence of Plastic Man".

Plastic Man for those who are unaware, is a quasi-popular character from DC Comics. A former mob enforcer, he fell into a vat of chemicals that gave him super-stretchy powers and later he joined the Justice League of America. That's honestly, all you need to know about him. :P

Enjoy,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment